Senior automation engineer with Rockwell experience required
Automation engineer required in Dublin to join Rockbrook Technologies. We are on a journey to automate processes, systems and buildings in the life science sector and we would like you to join us. We are currently looking for a senior automation engineer with strong experience in Rockwell hardware and software solutions. This role will be based on a client site in the Dublin area. If you feel it’s time for a new challenge please get in touch with your CV.
Lead and support system improvements, development of detailed specification, engineering documents, and standard operating procedures. Lead technical root cause analysis, incident investigations and troubleshooting issues related to instrumentation and equipment control systems.
Support new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
Solving complex problems, lifecycle management and operational excellence. Develop and manage change control requests per established SOPs and processes.
Critically analysing designs of existing systems, developing and recommending continuous improvements in line with the latest technology and regulatory standards.
You will at all times be expected to support a safe working environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in operations/manufacturing environment with a bachelor’s in Electrical engineering or Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or related life science engineering
- Manufacturing automation experience in biopharmaceutical Formulation/Fill/Finish or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) facilities
- Excellent control systems automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming, validation and lifecycle maintenance of automated equipment
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Allen& Bradely PLCs [Control Logix and SLC), SCADA (RSView, IFix & InTouch), PCS (e.g. Rockwell Automation Platforms), Batch Systems (e.g. Factory Talk Batch) and HMIs (FactoryTalk View)
- Experienced in the use of Automation support tool such as RSLinx, RSNetworx, FactoryTalk AssetCentre, ThinManager
- Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11
- Working knowledge of network architecture technologies
- Experience in change control, non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions, and validation practices
- Experience in developing automation strategies for new product introduction and new technology deployment
- Ability to translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Ability to influence the development of business area strategy and IT strategy where appropriate
- Independent, self-motivated, organised and able to multi-task in project environments
- Team player, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
If you feel you have the experience we require for the role please click on the button below to submit your CV and a member of our team will be in touch with you. Please note all CV’s received are treated with the strictest confidentiality.